Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Skin79 Sweet Honey Sugar Review

Aaaaah, the morning when you wake up and your skin looks luminous... I am getting this feeling more and more often now since I started using Skin79 Sweet Honey Sugar. It is a face scrub designed to not only exfoliate, but also to moisturize and provide nutrition to your skin. It is made by a Korean company Skin79. I bought mine from Amazon, but it is available from Pretty and Cute, located in the US.

It comes in a 100 ml hard plastic jar with a spatula for application. The spatula assures that you are not going to contaminate the scrub with bacteria. It is a nice touch.



It has a really nice smell of sweets and honey. The consistency most closely resembles honey mixed with brown sugar. I love how it feels right out of the jar.



I use it in the shower twice a week (the instructions say that it is recommended to be used 2-3 times a week). It is supposed to be massaged gently onto wet face for at least a minute. It starts out kind of rough as the sugar granules feel rather abrasive. I personally enjoy the feeling because it makes me feel that it is doing its job. However, my skin is very tough and oily and it can take a lot of abuse; I heard that other reviewers found it rough for their more sensitive skin.

After some massaging the sugar granules begin to melt and the scrub becomes sort of more and more honey-like until it is completely smooth and glides on the skin without any resistance. It feels quite exquisite at that point. I massage it for a while longer and then wash it off with warm water. I like to follow up with a sheet mask while my skin is clean and receptive to absorbtion of nutrients after exfoliation.

To be honest my skin feels amazing after this treatment, especially when I wake up in the morning. The skin feels clean, not oily but moisturized, and it feels like it is shining from the inside. I definitely started getting less breakouts since I started this regimen.

OVERALL: Highly recommended for oily rough skin. Might be not suitable for sensitive or dry skin.

Ingredients: Sucrose, Mineral Oil, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycerin, Olea Europara (Olive) Fruit Oil, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polysorbate 20. Trihydroxystearin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ceresin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Honey Extract, heobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Propylene Carbonate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, BHT, Fragance, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract.




2 comments:

  1. hi there, I'd like to find out if the Naruko products are still doing well for you? I've been thinking of getting their basic skincare regiment to try it out for my acne prone skin :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really recommend their Tea Tree Oil Out Serum and Moisturizer (do not recommend their spot treatment though). They do a good job at controlling oil production and moisturizing. I definitely keep re-buying them. I would also recommend Now clay powder as a mask to be used at least 2-3 times a week. I think this product is what made the biggest difference for me.

      I hope this helps! :-) Let me know if you decide to get them and your impressions.

      Delete