Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Holika Holika Silky Veil Primer Review

In my 35 years on this Earth I am just now discovering the joys of primers. For years I just wore powder to mask the oiliness on my skin, without bothering with foundations. Granted, my skin was not that bad at the time. Now, however, it is in its worst state ever. I am not sure what the problem is, but it is pretty embarrassing to be a grown woman with acne problems. All I can do now is pray and try not to get wrinkles in the process.

Since I have to cover up the constant redness on my face, I have to use foundation. Mostly I just use it to cover up the troubled area around my chin and nose. Used without a primer the foundation usually runs down my face after a few hours. By the end of the day at work, I just can't wait to get home to take my make up off and forget about constantly touching up my face with powder.

After doing some reading about cosmetics, I decided to try a primer. It can't hurt, right? I am currently trying out a bunch of Korean products and I heard good things about Holika Holika primer. Holika Holika is a lower end Korean brand famous for its enchanting purple designs. I ordered mine from Pretty and Cute, my go-to online store for cheap Korean cosmetics (but not cheap in quality!).



This primer promises oil control, matte finish and longer make up adherence. It is supposed to cover up pores and wrinkles to create a sort of a canvas for foundation and powder. I personally think primers are kind of magical and I don't know why I haven't used them before.

This one goes on the skin very smoothly and feels very hydrating when on. At first I was a little bit concerned because when I put it on, it felt a little dewy on my skin. I was not sure how long I had to wait for it to dry. I was preparing for a music festival that would last for eight hours, so I had to make sure that my make up was perfect. I was not patient enough to wait for the primer to dry ( and now I think may be I am not even supposed to) and put foundation all over my face with a technique I just learned (a topic for another post).

I don't want to sound overly excited but my foundation looked perfect. I had a few break outs that day, so I had a lot to cover up, but I was very happy with the result.  I still looked like I had heavy make up on, but my face looked as close to perfect as it could get in years.

Now, you ask, what happened with my face during those eight hours? Almost nothing! Well, except all the fun I had. Despite all the dancing and tons of people around, my make up stayed almost untouched for more than eight hours. I did have to blot slight shine a couple of times, but I could easily have gone without it. I have never been more impressed with cosmetics than this primer.

I wore it a few times after that and it had the same effect on my skin. Do yourself a favor and buy this product if you want your foundation to look good!

OVERALL: Highly recommended. Will make your make up look perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment