Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Kose Seikisho Mask White Review

My search for new masks continues: I tried clay masks, cream masks, sheet masks; now it's time for peel-off masks. Specifically, black peel-off masks popular in Asia. They are supposed to be good for cleaning pores and keeping your face exfoliated. They are not as absorbent as clay masks, but act more like glue that adheres to skin and peels off dirt, dead skin cells and other unpleasantness. After some research I chose this Japanese black peel-off mask which is ironically called Mask White: Seikisho Mask White from Kose-USA.



The mask comes in a luxurious 75 ml packaging with clear directions in the back.

 
The mask is charcoal black in color and is of a slightly thick consistency. 





It feels very gooey and can be messy if one is not careful. I apply it with one finger around my t-zone: forehead, nose and chin. My goal with this mask is to dry out my t-zone which can get a little oily and to clear the pores. I try to apply it in consistent thickness making sure it dries properly. I apply it on a clean face, prior to a toner. If I have time I will start with exfoliating in the shower, followed by this mask. If you want to be extra fancy you can finish with a sheet mask or a cream mask depending on your skin type. I use the mask once a week, but you can use it more often.

The instructions say to wait for 20 minutes, but I never actually mark the time. I go read a book before bed or do something else, and wait until the mask is completely dry. If it is not dry completely it is not going to come off easily. While it dries it becomes rather uncomfortable because it tightens your skin, but nothing too terrible.

Now, I heard some horror stories that this mask rips off hairs and is extremely painful to remove, but I personally never experienced that. I guess my pain threshold is very high! However, I would advise to avoid the area around eyebrows or anywhere you don't want to rip out hair. This mask is very adhesive and does feel like a band-aid being ripped off. 

My skin has seen remarkable improvement recently because of my crazy extensive routine, so I am not able to determine if this mask made a significant difference, even after a couple of months of use. My face does feel cleaner right after use and I feel with continuous use it will improve even further. On the plus side, the mask is a lot of fun to use and would be an interesting addition to anyone's routine; on the opposite side, it is expensive showing no amazing benefit right away. I think for my next peel-off mask I will try this Shills Black Mask which seems to provide the same benefit but is much cheaper.

OVERALL: Recommended if you want to try something new. Good for oily skin. Expensive for what it is.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Polyvinyl Alcohol, Alcohol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, PPG 10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Titanium Dioxide, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Artemisia Capillaris Flower Extract, Coix Lacryma Jobi Mayuen Seed Extract (Job's Tears), Coptis Japonica Root Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Bentonite (CI 77004), Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium Phosphate, Polyglyceryl 10 Laurate, Polyglyceryl 10 Pentaoleate, Silica, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum) (Parfum)

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment