Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Chanel Inimitable Waterproof Mascara #37 Review

It has been a while since I posted here, mostly because I was in the process of looking for a new place/moving/going camping: all glamorous and amazing activities (sarcasm). I finally have free time to post about my new finds! My recent obsession is colorful makeup. I am not talking about purple or green; I am talking about bright neon colors for eyes and lips. My obsession started last year when I started going to music festivals and figuring out that expressing myself was a lot of fun. Coincidentally, neon colors are very trendy right now, so I generally feel like a kid in a candy store when I go shopping for makeup. My newest find is this Limited Edition Chanel Inimitable Waterproof Mascara #37.  It is an amazing waterproof mascara which comes in four different rainbow-hued colors. I chose this lime light color, but if it were up to me I would buy all of them. 

It comes in a sturdy and heavy container common for French cosmetics. It is a nice addition to your makeup bag if you care how your makeup looks.


The color is bright bright turquoise and looks very pretty even right out of the container.



My eyelashes are not amazing, so I need all the help I can get from a mascara. My requirements are good smooth application and its ability to give excellent length and volume without clumping (high standards, I know). I believe that the stakes are even higher if the mascara is of an unusual color: it needs to cover my dark lashes well while not weighing them down.

Now, the question is does this mascara deliver? YES! It works best if I use a white eyelash base like this one from Lancome. (review coming later.) Since my eyelashes are dark the mascara goes on easier if the white base color is used first. It does require several swipes of the wand to reach full coverage, but if you just want to use it on the ends for less dramatic effect, one time is enough. 



Now, I intended to use it for festivals and such, but after trying it a few times I wear it casually when I am out and about. It looks very festive and summery. You won't guess how many compliments I get when I wear this! People ask me where I got it all the time. 

Last point: I wore this mascara to a pool and a hot tub, and it stayed put the whole time: no running or smudging. 

OVERALL: Highly recommended! Easy application and stunning result.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment